Saturday, 21 February 2015

What Would Your Books Say About You?


 
Often as I am browsing the web I grab images that appeal to me, some are decor, some fashion and some just random things. Even of they don't relate to story telling or scrapbooking, I still keep them for inspiration for layouts, other graphic design work and well... just because they are pretty to look at! Such is the case with how these simple book cover templates came to be.

http://store.scrapgirls.com/scrapsimple-embellishment-templates-bookcovers-p31894.php
ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Bookcovers
 This set of 6 books is available in a Personal Use & Commercial Use version.  The inspiration came for a layout from this photo from One King's Lane

Can you look at this and tell something about the person who put it together? I think you can. I thought "what a cool way to tell something about yourself without photos!" I decided to give it a go.....

http://store.scrapgirls.com/scrapsimple-embellishment-templates-bookcovers-p31894.php
Add Layout uses SS Bookcovers & Love Is Collection

Think about it...if you didn't know me, could you tell a little something about me by looking at this layout?

Layout uses SS Bookcovers & Asian Beauty Collection

This layout by Joyce Schardt begins to tell about her trip to China and would be great for an into into her photobook about her wonderful vacation.

Layout uses SS Bookcovers & Flights of Fancy Collection
 This layout by Amy Flanagan tells about what is currently going on in her life. Right away I can tell she loves birds, enjoys family & hosts exchange students.

And there are other things you could use them for... what about the bedtime story you are reading your kids? Or a guest book for a wedding or baby shower?

What Katy Did by Susan Coolidge available at Amazon


I hope this set may inspire you to tell more about yourself in your scrapbooks, art journals and photobooks.

Have a fabulous weekend! Ciao for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment